Crush

I like you.
I like the way you walk, your lean legs taking long and sturdy strides as you walk off to your destination.
The way you smile, your teeth shining against your brown skin.
The way you talk, your voice rough but velvety at the same time. A voice that I always want to hear and listen to even though your words are not always positive.
Your lean face, your semi-tired eyes.
But what am I doing?


Why must I feel this way? Why can't these feelings go away?
Why must you invade my thoughts several times a day, even when you are away?
I'm so willing to help you with anything, and I hate it.
I don't want to be vulnerable again, to give my all only to be tossed away. Only to become replaced.
Sometimes while standing next to you I just wish I could stand a little closer, but I fight those stupid thoughts.
I like things the way they are, even if my emotions are heavy on my shoulders.
I get jealous seeing you give the slightest bit of attention to anyone else and it sickens me.
I hope I can get over you, at least for now.



Comments